The answer might seem obvious, but there are so many things that make this time of year special. One thing worth celebrating is your yard! Just as leaves start turning colors and temperatures cool down, you should think about seeding grass for stronger growth come springtime – it’ll be worth a little extra work now when its time to start sporting shorts again.
In this blog post we are discussing five advantages for homeowners who choose to keep their grass healthy and beautiful. Nichols Reliable Lawncare & More knows how important first appearances can be so let us tell you about why we believe seeding grass in the fall leads to beautiful yards.
- Fall is the perfect time to seed your grass because of the ideal weather conditions. The cooler temperatures are easy on the grass seedlings. The days are shorter, so there is less chance of the seedlings getting too much sun. The soil is still warm from the summer heat, which helps the germination process. There is also more rainfall in the fall, which helps to keep the seedlings hydrate
- Another advantage of seeding your grass in the fall is that there are fewer weeds. Weeds compete with grass seedlings for sunlight, water, and nutrients. By seeding your grass in the fall, you can avoid this problem.
- Grass that is seeded in the fall will have a head start in the spring. Grass seedlings that are started in the fall will be bigger and stronger when they emerge in the spring. This can help to create a lush, green lawn earlier in the spring.
- The fourth advantage of seeding your grass in the fall is that it is easier to manage control of the seedlings. In the spring, there are often other tasks that need to be done around the yard. This can make it difficult to keep an eye on the seedlings. However, in the fall, you can focus your attention on the seedlings and make sure they are getting enough water and sunlight.
- Finally, seeding your grass in the fall can save you money. Grass seed is often cheaper in the fall than it is in the spring. Seeding your grass in the fall can help you save money while still getting a great lawn.
We hope that this has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at Nichols Reliable Lawncare & More. We would be happy to help you maintain your lawn!
Reach out to us for a free quote today! Learn more about our services, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more tips on maintaining a great lawn!